Health & Saftey Updates:
To our valued guests,
Our hotel is open, including our guest rooms, pool decks and private beach.
In accordance with the Town of Fort Myers Beach’s most recent declaration announced July 1, 2020, Sandpiper will require all guests over the age of six to wear a mask while indoors. Masks will also be required outdoors when social distancing is not available—however, our team has put social distancing measures in place in outdoor areas including the pool and beach to ensure guest comfort. Please find more detailed information below.
We are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- For New and Existing Reservations. All reservations that are scheduled for arrival or made for travel between now and December 24, 2021, are fully refundable and can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your arrival date.
If you need to adjust reservations made via our website or phone, please contact our reservations team at [email protected] or 844-250-6325.
We look forward to welcoming you back and as it has always been, the safety of our guests and associates remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and continue to take additional measures, following AHLA Safe Stay Guidelines, to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous. Below are the new stricter measures we are taking as a team to welcome you back for a memorable and safe vacation.
- Touchless Hand sanitizing stations have been installed in public areas for guest convenience.
- We encourage all guests to follow 6-foot social distancing. Up to two guests will be allowed in the check-in/reception area at a time.
- All staff have undergone an extensive orientation and training on Covid-19 situations and expectations.
- Staff will have temperature checks each morning at daily meetings to ensure all staff are healthy while on property working.
- Staff will be equipped with masks and gloves for all duties when needed.
- All public area spaces and communal areas will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day with emphasis on frequent contacted surfaces including but not limited to, front desk check in counter, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, gates, railings, public bathrooms, ice machines, room keys and locks, pool seating and all seating areas.
- Social distancing will be enforced by staff at both pools, with a maximum of 10 guests in each pool at a time. All pool chair ‘groupings of two’ will be placed at a minimum of 6 feet apart. Pool chairs can not be ‘reserved’ with a towel at any time.
- Outdoor grills remain available to guests, to be signed out for one hour at a time and will be cleaned after each guest use. We ask that all guests eat in their room or balcony/patio after grilling.
- In-room housekeeping service during stay will be by guest request only. Staff will not enter guestrooms without guest permission, unless in case of emergency.
- Guest room cleaning and disinfecting protocols will require that particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard non-porous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, night stands, telephones, in room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
- Linens, towels and laundry will be washed in accordance with CDC and manufacturer’s guidelines. Where possible items will be washed with the warmest permissible water setting and dried completely. Dirty linens will be transported and stored for 2 days before washing to leave time for decontamination.
- All rooms will be scanned with an Ultraviolet Sanitizer wand at the end of cleaning the room by the exiting housekeeper.
COVID-19 Warning:We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for our guests and associates, however there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness or even death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and persons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting The Sandpiper Gulf Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Whether you are traveling now or in the future, we are ready to welcome you with warm hospitality and safe, memorable experiences!
The Sandpiper Gulf Resort Team